- 2015 // Nepal: Climb it for Climate - The Journey to Everest
- 2015 // Nepal: Climb it for Climate - The Landing at Lukla
- 2015 // Nepal: Climb it for Climate - Climate Change in the Himalaya
- 2014 // Egypt: Climbing the Peaks of the Sinai Desert
- 2012 // Syria: Life and Death with the Aleppo Martyrs of Truth
- 2012 // Syria: A View into the Free Syrian Army
- 2012 // Egypt: Stepping out of the Shadows
- 2011 // Egypt: Cairo's City of the Dead
- 2011 // Greenland: Canary in the Coal Mine
- 2010 // Israel-Palestine: West Side Story
- 2010 // Australia: Beating the Odds on ABC News Online
- 2010 // Jordan: Far from Freedom on ABC News Online
A View into The Free Syrian Army // MULTIMEDIA
MARCH 2012, ON THE TURKEY-SYRIA BORDER: As Syria descends further into violence, the Free Syrian Army has become crucial.
The only way the regime of Bashar al-Assad faces any real challenge is if the Free Syrian Army manages to defeat his powerful army.
But who are the Free Syrian Army? And are they winning or losing?
The Free Syrian Army gave photo-journalist Ed Giles and The Australian's Middle East correspondent, John Lyons, unique access to its operations near the Turkey-Syria border.
Over three days we visited a "safe house" of the Free Syrian Army in a village in southern Turkey.
Then, after the commander of the region gave his approval, Lyons and Giles were escorted across the border into Syria by a fighter of the Free Syrian Army.
We were able to speak to and film some of the 50 fighters we came across.
And our exclusive video takes you inside the Free Syrian Army camp.
Reporting: John Lyons
Multimedia Production: Ed Giles.